late jagd panther

Post finished models here. Polite and constructive comments please.
vw8243

late jagd panther

Postby vw8243 » Sat May 11, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi all

this was built a few years ago and sat in primer till the other week ,when i decided to use it for a bit a practice cause of the large sides ,with a view to build my jagdtiger in the stash,.
pics.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image

BrIAN332

Re: late jagd panther

Postby BrIAN332 » Sat May 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Brilliant model of the Jagdpanther Leo,the weathering looks very realistic as always on your German tanks and i love the side skirts,must def build one of these in the future again ,built the academy 1/25 one years ago but it'll be Tamiya 1/35 one this time around :o)b

Simson

Postby Simson » Sat May 11, 2013 7:24 pm

Indeed brilliant Leo!
I totally like the scheme....that is always one of my biggest choices to make: pondering over the possibilities of colours (and decals for planes too).
In fact it would "force" me to make a second model if the choice is not so obvious.

(I was "hunting" for a KIng TIger with a special scheme for over a year, visited imo all possible suppliers because it was "out of production" so perhaps a limited model. I know I could just get a scheme and throw it on another and create it.)

Love the Jagd Panther and the idea behind it...the bigger gun (King Tiger gun) and high speed made this thing a very dangerous cat.
I have also a Jagd Panther and Jagd Tiger, both Dragon, and intend to make them together side by side.

Dennis

fs2005

Postby fs2005 » Mon May 13, 2013 7:59 pm

Following on from Normandy build on another irish forum it seems to me that as regards german mid/late war camo the rules are there are no rules .Reports of red brown or dark green 'paste' being thinned with everything from petrol to urine and roughly applied 'in the field' on top of the desert yellow with everything from mops to straw!!!As a formerly mostly aircraft guy its disquieting not to have 'official' diagrams of the 'proper' camo scheme !The later the in the war the more slip shod the application culminating in this sort of 'cack'!Opinions?

Simson

Postby Simson » Mon May 13, 2013 9:13 pm

Some of those squiggly colour lines are damn hard to replicate on a model.
Anything goes but I have my favourites....these are not.

If you just throw it on it is easy to overdo it and it turns into a toy.
So it remains a challenge.

Dennis

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Mon May 13, 2013 9:46 pm

Leo, that's an absolute cracker! Love the weather job you did on this one. And you say it's a practice one! :shock: Well I can't wait to see the one you practiced for then :D

Great job! Thanks for sharing.

Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

Return to “Ready for Inspection”