Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.D miniart

Post your model build topics here.
JayCub

Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.D miniart

Postby JayCub » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:38 am

Nice box art well engineered, tracks area PITA, they are soft and need a lot of clean up, but they are workable

Nice fit to the hull and some fine pe

Thats it for now

Tom

JayCub

Re: Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.D miniart

Postby JayCub » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:10 pm

lots of pieces for the suspension and road wheels, the plastic is too lite in places and feels a bit flimsy with lots of clean up on some parts.
Seems like they give you a working suspension and road wheels which would take way too much time or if it had been a late war panzer maybe worth doing, as is this suspension is fragile..

parts are quite a good fit despite looking fragile most parts are bang on...unless like me in parts some are slightly off :roll: the machining is good but better suited to a bigger piece of armor

Tom

Wouter

Postby Wouter » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:29 pm

Lookgs good so far mate, never built a Mini Art kit but I remember I hated their figures :D Seems that their armour kits are better though.
You can't model properly without boozing Duvel, :D

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:26 pm

Wouter wrote:Lookgs good so far mate, never built a Mini Art kit but I remember I hated their figures :D Seems that their armour kits are better though.

well my friend its a love hate relationship at the moment but i do like the look of the su 85, i hope the bigger armor kits are better as this is too over engineered or maybe i just prefer late war, it would be no problem to you at all, maybe a bit too much clean up, and requires too much time for hidden details, but it certainly is an experience

I have a couple that might interest you though a Jagdtiger and King Tiger in 1:16, its the extras that slow any progress

Tom

Wouter

Postby Wouter » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:01 pm

Well, I only built one PzIII in the past and it was a Dragon one...gotta say: absolutely loved, well engineered and makes for a great model out of the box...and fast too!

A 1:16 JagdTiger and Tiger II ey my god, how big are those :D
You can't model properly without boozing Duvel, :D

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:03 pm

i will put up a photograph of the hulls for you Wouter along with a 1/35 scale, Massive :D , lots wrong after reading David Parkers book for the hulls, the gun mount included for the Jagdtiger never got to be used and for some strange reason trumpeter used the initial version on a late version Jagdtiger

not as good as Dragon by a long shot, some photo-etch just isn't practical, not one i would recommend unless your a fan of the Panzer 111 and as far as im aware its not that accurate...
This is slow to build too many small pieces that they would need to refine, some brittle pieces, its one of those kits that's almost there...
i need to make better photographs :roll:
Tom

Spud

Postby Spud » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:40 pm

Being one of there older kits the detail does not look fantastic on it but Plenty of mud and weathering will hide all that anyhow :D

Drive on :D

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:59 am

Spud wrote:Being one of there older kits the detail does not look fantastic on it but Plenty of mud and weathering will hide all that anyhow :D

Drive on :D

yeah it is a pain and i expect the later kits to be a lot better, i haven't done much to it at all and still need a couple of photo's for wouter... of the jagd tiger and KT...i remember the days of the pellet gun :evil: the parts count is impressive but too many small parts unless you love this type of armor... i think i would have liked a Dragon kit more and hope mini art release more late war German

Tom

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:00 pm

This one is in the bin.... plastic is too soft, parts are too fiddly and the photo etch is too much of a pain...never build this one again lesson learned, it looked ok although slow which i didn't mind but i would rather spend my time making some progress

Return to “Work In Progress”