Takom MK.IV WW1

Post your model build topics here.
Spud

Takom MK.IV WW1

Postby Spud » Sun May 28, 2017 12:30 am

So Ive been Wanting to do one of these WW1 tanks for years and now we have an Abundance of them i Decided upon the Takom Kit,

Ordered on Monday and had it Thursday. Cleaned my Bench today before i went into the model meet and came home and got the urge to crack it open. :)

So far it is really nice. I plan on attempting the Box art camo and it will be in a dio :!: Driving over a Trench Master box do a trecnh with some figure so ill pick that up and if its any good ill use it or i may build my own trench,.

Wouter

Re: Takom MK.IV WW1

Postby Wouter » Sun May 28, 2017 7:04 am

And another build by Spud :P The MkIV is still on my wishlist. Good to see one built again ^^
You can't model properly without boozing Duvel, :D

Spud

Postby Spud » Sun May 28, 2017 1:41 pm

this one so far is like building a Tamiya kit, Instructions are just as good also.

Next up is the sides and lots and lots of wheels

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Sun May 28, 2017 10:40 pm

Spud this reminds me to compare how fast the tank transformed from the end of world war 1 until the finish of world war 2, im not much into modern armor, looking great so-far Spud, and the fact its going well is good to know about the kit, the photo etch brings life to all the grey and helps define the shape, and i would have hated been the guy putting the rivets in, If it was your first time seeing this from the trenches coming toward you i wonder what they thought if totally unprepared......the quality of the photographs are excellent and appreciated

Tom

Spud

Postby Spud » Sun May 28, 2017 11:44 pm

Thanks Tom,. i would imagine if would have been terrifying for them to see a steel beast rolling toward them.

There is not much etch with this one so it makes it nice and straight forward which is what i like sometimes :D

Photos are only from the phone once i find or buy a new one for my camera they will improve :)

Spud

Postby Spud » Mon May 29, 2017 4:03 am

This Kit is Fantastic Super easy to Build, So far at least here is a few more pics

The tracks are amazing they come in a little bag as indi links and just snap together to give you a working track
92 links took less than 10 mins to put together :)

all this hard work is hidden... but what hides it is just sexy :D

27 wheels needed to be assembled per side 2 wheels and an axle per wheel... I dint clean them up because they are covered by track.

Spud

Postby Spud » Tue May 30, 2017 2:37 am

finished up the second side today and glued them, to the hull.

Next up was the Gun, Decided to go for the Male Version because i taught it would be less work.....
this is just for the cannon part, they look good but there is a fair few parts in them.

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Tue May 30, 2017 9:58 pm

Excellent so-far Spud, the gun setup looks as though the design was kept for the second world war with upgrades... tracks link heaven, just snap together im all for that
The camera is brilliant you can even make out the sprue numbers, might be tempted to buy the kit for a future build

Tom

Spud

Postby Spud » Wed May 31, 2017 12:04 am

Thanks Tom yea the Camera on the phone is pretty Beefy Almost as good as my 5D Mk II :D

So the last things to make are the Sponson's he is a pic build up of the second one

and done, there is one thing left to do and thats the ditching log thingy. So next up is paint :)

I bought this set today to compliment the build

BKirwan

Postby BKirwan » Wed May 31, 2017 1:29 pm

Nice Spud very nice. What subject are you planning on ? There were a few Mk IV's used in Ireland.......

Return to “Work In Progress”