Jagdpanther early production wZimmerit Dragon

Post your model build topics here.
Scanlan

Re: Jagdpanther early production wZimmerit Dragon

Postby Scanlan » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:25 pm

Brilliant scheme Tom and some great weathering so far.

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:00 am

Wouter wrote:NIce paintwork mate, really love that camo and tools look good. Not too big fan of heavy sooth on exhausts but that's a personal thing (German panzers were petrol driven and not diesel ^^). Keep up the good work!

Wouter thank you for the encouragement, made me think Kelly's Heroes when they had the tigers in the village, they used a t34 chassis i think and diesel engines, put me off the film altogether :shock: and for my sins im a mechanic, and your right too much soot is not right, i fitted exhaust for fastfit here back in the day... rust im all for :lol: and a bit of soot...thanks again for your input helps me get over the loss of mojo, and im here to learn and thankfully there is a wealth of talent on this forum,

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:04 am

Double post on my behalf :oops:
Last edited by JayCub on Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:10 am

JayCub wrote:
Scanlan wrote:Brilliant scheme Tom and some great weathering so far.

Thank you Owen, the forum is a real inspiration and a great place to learn, the advice is always first rate, but the work you guys do on here is exceptional and im in the right place to learn
, mostly i do clean builds as im not great at weathering, i saw your work in Panzer build off, that was outstanding and sometimes no camo scheme looks fantastic, very enjoyable to see your work

Tom

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:16 am

JayCub wrote:Double post on my behalf :oops:
i built my own computer and you would think i could put a post on the forum :shock: even managed to get past the m.2 limitation of the board, back to the drawing board :lol:

Spud

Postby Spud » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:16 pm

i have one suggestion and thats to put a tan filter over the model. this will blend all the colors and will look really good. you need enamels for the filter or get one from AK or Ammo,

Also dont forget the pin wash. :)

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:13 am

Spud wrote:i have one suggestion and thats to put a tan filter over the model. this will blend all the colors and will look really good. you need enamels for the filter or get one from AK or Ammo,

Also dont forget the pin wash. :)

Thanks Spud i will give it a go, im ordering a model on friday and if i can i will try and get the tamiya panel line and give that a go too

Spud

Postby Spud » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:57 am

not sure what the tamiya one is like but if its enamel based it should be ok.

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:09 pm

Spud wrote:not sure what the tamiya one is like but if its enamel based it should be ok.

Thanks Spud i ordered Model Wash 522 Desert Dust, 35m vallejo as well as the mig panel line wash and im going to give the tamiya one ago, i will try on some old builds, i appreciate the information

Tom

Spud

Postby Spud » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:02 am

Next time you are buying I highly recommend 2 dvds from AK by Mig Jimenez Washes , Fading and oils, and Winter techniques they will transform all you taught you knew about weathering :D i knew shag all at the time and they made my skills go trough the roof, im still no expert mind :)

Return to “Work In Progress”