Jagdpanther early production wZimmerit Dragon

Post your model build topics here.
JayCub

Jagdpanther early production wZimmerit Dragon

Postby JayCub » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:52 pm

as im waiting on paint and parts for the Meng bulldozer i thought i would have a crack at this one, i ordered a couple of resin figures, so i hoping for some tips on them, but the kit looks great shame there is not detail inside engine, or crew compartment, this will be out of the box

i will leave a link to wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagdpanther) for anyone interested in how this design came about, but this is an amazing cat... maybe two tone for this one as most of the ones i have built to-date are usual German three tone camo schemes

this one has the DS tracks i haven't used them before...

Wouter

Re: Jagdpanther early production wZimmerit Dragon

Postby Wouter » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:02 pm

Greatest piece of armor Germany has ever released, even like her looks a bit more than my honeys the Tiger and Tiger ausf. B :D

Looking forward to see you build this mate

Cheers
You can't model properly without boozing Duvel, :D

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:33 pm

im a Tiger fan myself, not sure if this kit would be top of your list as there is no interior as such, i do like the workable suspension, and the instructions leave a lot to be desired, i like your work Wouter its real class

Got a couple of resin figures for this build and a magazine off of Lego that points out some interesting details, i think i dio for this one, the figures will take me longer than the build

radiators where the wrong way around, thank to the instructions, thats my excuse anyway, great detail on the suspension and the zimmerit is nicely done probably too much so, but dry fitting the hull and fighting compartment is quite snug which is surprising to be hones, along with plenty of spares for an ever growing spare parts box.
Tom

Wouter

Postby Wouter » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:44 am

I have build Dragons' late version JagdPanther (converted into a night fighter with IR gear) and it's a great kit, this one is of the same level. The moulded on zimmerit is one of the finest renditions I've seen on a Dragon kit so far. Instructions are a pain in the ass sometimes indeed :D Nice start btw! Always cool to see some figures come along as well (and thanks for the compliment btw ^^)

Spud

Postby Spud » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:44 pm

to get the suspension working you need to cut off the tabs on the hull and just glue the rod at the other side of the hull.

you can see how they look in my build viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3034 which is almost done :D

Looking forward to seeing this one build up.

As for the figures i done i done a sort of tutorial on paint the face viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1260

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:08 pm

Spud wrote:to get the suspension working you need to cut off the tabs on the hull and just glue the rod at the other side of the hull.

you can see how they look in my build http://irishscalemodeller.com/forum/vie ... =32&t=3034 which is almost done :D

Looking forward to seeing this one build up.

As for the figures i done i done a sort of tutorial on paint the face http://irishscalemodeller.com/forum/vie ... =10&t=1260

Thank you for the tutorial on figures, i mostly suck at them

Spud

Postby Spud » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:36 pm

haha, yea i think we all do at some point. the process is the same of the cloths its all thin layers

Lego

Postby Lego » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:28 am

Oooo oooo looks good.

Still looking for the tiger book. If I find the frikkin thing I will let you know.

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:53 pm

Lego wrote:Oooo oooo looks good.

Still looking for the tiger book. If I find the frikkin thing I will let you know.

Thank you my friend next time your around i will give you a tour, of the model room, it will be a quick one as its a small room lol

small update

no interior detail but really nice detail on the tools and hull, the roof ventilator has butterfly bolts a real pain to add i have to say, just as well you get a few sprues with them on..

Wouter

Postby Wouter » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:04 pm

Looking like a real JagdPanther now, what a beaut!

Return to “Work In Progress”