Jagdpanther early production wZimmerit Dragon

Post your model build topics here.
JayCub

Re: Jagdpanther early production wZimmerit Dragon

Postby JayCub » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:08 pm

Just had a look at your facebook page Wouter, its a master class of modelling, love the early Tiger 1 fabulous work

Wouter

Postby Wouter » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:11 pm

Hi Jay, thanks bud, glad you like it :). Yeah, I really need to finish that Tiger...way too long since she's stalled ^^
You can't model properly without boozing Duvel, :D

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:31 pm

Wouter wrote:Looking like a real JagdPanther now, what a beaut!

i do like the look of the jagpanther, and on your that photo of an early production Tiger 1 that is really a sweet buiid, best i have seen and it would blow your socks off the level of detail, i have a few unfinished myself, the JagdTiger with the Porsche suspension is sitting on the shelf not finished one i started well over a year ago, the track links had multiple parts and the hard work is done, and then sometimes the paint can hide the detail i would be in two minds whether to paint that tiger or not or paint and save as many photo's of the build as possible, that one should be published, its one that gets your attention.

Wouter

Postby Wouter » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Well, to be honest, that was my second African Tiger, I messed up the first one when trying to remove a bad paintjob using oven cleaner. Destroyed all the etchwork...quite painfull :D Rest assured, this one will be painted, I have plenty of photos. I always take them with an article in mind. Hope it might feature in MilMod mag one day too, though that will be a very distant future :D

And don't forget to show that JagdTiger one day, we love big kittycats :P

Spud

Postby Spud » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:36 pm

purrrdy cant wait to see paint :)

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:24 pm

just painting the rubber tonight and will post an update tomorrow, i must invest in some masks for the wheels

Tom

Spud

Postby Spud » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:37 am

Circle Template you can get in the art shop or easons it will do loads of sizes or there is fancy ones by quick wheel.

http://quickwheelstore.com/quickwheel.html?mode=list i use both, I bough the panzer IV and panther quick wheel sets as those are the ones i use most.

if you do get one. and it says for dragon / tamiaya. it will fit either. i have ones for dragon kist and have used on tamiya and zvesda [smilie=thumb.gif]

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:52 pm

Spud wrote:Circle Template you can get in the art shop or easons it will do loads of sizes or there is fancy ones by quick wheel.

http://quickwheelstore.com/quickwheel.html?mode=list i use both, I bough the panzer IV and panther quick wheel sets as those are the ones i use most.

if you do get one. and it says for dragon / tamiaya. it will fit either. i have ones for dragon kist and have used on tamiya and zvesda [smilie=thumb.gif]

Thanks for the links Spud your a life saver

Here is some kitty pics with color

i need to paint the tools as for the exhausts i will cover in glue and and put ground pastels on them, the effect is usually quite good but we will see, i will look for the template in the art shops in Bray thanks again for that one Spud i may order some on my next model

Tom

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:27 pm

a small update, still have the tracks to weather exhaust and decals, before a bit of chipping, then the figures

Tom

Wouter

Postby Wouter » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:16 am

NIce paintwork mate, really love that camo and tools look good. Not too big fan of heavy sooth on exhausts but that's a personal thing (German panzers were petrol driven and not diesel ^^). Keep up the good work!

Return to “Work In Progress”