Meng D9R Armored Bulldozer

Post your model build topics here.
JayCub

Re: Meng D9R Armored Bulldozer

Postby JayCub » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:01 pm

yeah i went for the cheap option by trumpeter, its a good bit bigger and its getting some use now, it has the name master tools printed on it as i bought it for pe kit for a Tiger1 1/16 and didn't want to ruin the pe, that was two years ago and the box is just gathering dust, Paul Buzzdick, i think that's the guys name on youtube did and excellent photo etch video by soldering, the guy is brilliant, i have seen many burned black with solder so the more practice i get the better i reckon, but thanks for the link that was appreciated
Tom

Scanlan

Postby Scanlan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:33 am

Awesome work Tom, I'd agree with Spud about the PE, that's some patience you have, well worth it though, it looks great..looking forward to seeing this finished on the forums tomorrow :D

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:50 am

Scanlan wrote:Awesome work Tom, I'd agree with Spud about the PE, that's some patience you have, well worth it though, it looks great..looking forward to seeing this finished on the forums tomorrow :D

Thank you @o) finished, i just bought the cage to go around the cab, and for some reason in my mind it looked a lot bigger :oops: take a look at this one, i didn't know a microscope was required :shock: this is a voyager set, i blame Lego, for tempting me in the first place, i now really like the Dragon JagdTiger with the seven parts per link

Spud

Postby Spud » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:09 pm

lol. well lesson learnt, Never Ever listen to Ian :D

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:11 pm

i used as much of the photo etch for the cab as possible, beside the gauges is a pe fire extinquisher, still needs work but i will assemble it tonight

Lego

Postby Lego » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:18 am

Lolz

You bought more pe? trololololollollollolollll

Great work. but moar trololllollllollololll

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:54 pm

Thanks Ian for the influence lol, lesson learned, to be honest it was a bit of an eye-opener and i like the pe, and it has taught me a lot of patience O:o) even managed not to swear :D the build is nearly finished but Sharon bought me a 1/16 jagdtiger which is a real distraction and it will have to wait until i have everything ready to go, to do a full build log rather than a bit here and there

Scanlan

Postby Scanlan » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:27 am

That's so cool, I can't wait to see this finished, Israeli colours confuse the hell outta me and I'm building an Israeli Centurion at the moment so I might wait until you've finished and steal some tips,

Return to “Work In Progress”