BMP-2

Post your model build topics here.
beowulf

BMP-2

Postby beowulf » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:19 am

and the next project is..........

im at that point where i can see the end coming to whats on the bench and have started planning the next one.........and since i dont have any GB's going on any of the forums i go on i can pick and choose what the next project will be

picked this up at a recent show for not a lot

its a Italerai repop of a Dragon kit......ive never done a Dragon kit so thats a first for me........ive also never played about with individual tracks so thats a second first...........be good practice cos something im planning on soon will have aftermarket tracks and they have been scaring me off from starting that particular kit

for those that arnt familiar with a BMP-2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMP-2

kit comes with a choice of 5 different schemes/decal option......at the minute i have no idea which one i shall go for...wait and see how brave i am i guess lol

there dosnt seem to be many parts to it so hopefully it will not be a long build

the real deal.........

beowulf

Re: BMP-2

Postby beowulf » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:04 pm

progress so far today.........

lower hull has all the suspensiony bits added and rear doors.....as normal ive bonded in a nut so i can use some threaded rod as a handle, and some scrap metal to add some mass

upper hull ive gone as far as i plan at the moment

turret is about half done

next job is to have a go at these individual tracks..............but i have a bold and cunning plan, which is why i cant progress any further with the hull

ive never done a Dragon kit in this scale.......id love to know what the quality of Dragon kits are like and if this was moulded/boxed at Dragon with an italerai box or did italeri borrow the moulds and do it all themselves in Italy.....................cos theres quite a bit of flash, 1 sprue was slightly warped and the injection gates are some of the worst ive ever seen!

FiSe

Postby FiSe » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:32 am

Well, that kit/mold is about 30 years old, so it shows in the quality and sharpness of the plastic bits. Not the most accurate replica of the real thing neither.

Having said that, I like Dragon.

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:47 pm

pretty much got it together......just a few greeblies to scab on to the hull/turret.......then i can get some primer on

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:13 pm

sorry for lack of updates.....combination of being ill/in pain and starting a new job over the last 7 days have meant ive done not a lot at the bench...but i got some spraying done last night so this is where im at......next step is a few touch ups and a clear coat on top ready for an oil wash

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:25 pm

so its had a shiny coat of Kleer, then the few decals that there was, a few black washes (and i think i might have over done it) now ready for a matt varnish to dull it all down..........then i can think about those tracks lol

jaydee

Postby jaydee » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:39 am

Lookin' good. :o)b

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:20 pm

tracks are on...........and im not too impressed

first time ive played with individual link tracks in this scale and a right royal pain in the bum they were

i was using this kit as a trial run for using link track on the Sturm Panzer but cos they were such a pain im going to use the rubber one on the Panzer

cos they arnt as nice as i planned the next step is to hide them with some mud splodged on and ive got a nozzle for my airbrush ive never tried specially for 'spattering' so might try that with some mud coloured paint

martay

Postby martay » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:43 pm

Tracks appear fine to me, but im not a AFV modeller to be fair, is it the final finish that is not to you liking? Great think about AFV is the application of mud :lol: get out of jail free card eh! The washes and the color look very nice though, looking forward to see the final result. :o)b
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:40 pm

and finished.....more pics in the finished thread

Return to “Work In Progress”