IDF M60 Blazer

Post your model build topics here.
beowulf

IDF M60 Blazer

Postby beowulf » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:26 pm

so on three other forums i go on i am lucky as they all have a GB running at the same time that i can use the same kit for!!.....two have Military Vehicles as a theme, and the other is 'In the desert'.

had this in the stash for a very very long time, i can remember buying it on ebay when i got back into modelmaking so it must have been 2007 or 2008, often thought of doing it but chickened out to do something else but its time has come lol

its certainly the largest AFV kit ive attempted

done my old trick of making a hole and gluing in a nut,,,,i have a threaded rod which then screws thro the bottom of the hull giving me a 'handle'
ive also bonded in a few large heavy nuts. this will add some mass to the whole thing. ive done it before and it helps to make it sit on the tracks a bit better, and makes it feel a bit more substansial if you pick it up

and heres the real deal......plan is to make a simple sand covered base for it all some how
seems they started out in a green colour, often overpainted in a sandy colour.....ive seen pics of some extremely weathered ones where the sand paint is worn away but thats way beyond my abilities, so its going to be a sandy one lol

beowulf

Re: IDF M60 Blazer

Postby beowulf » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:00 pm

this seems to be one of those kits with a zillion parts in the box.......it seems ive been sticking bits together for ages and not got that much to show for it

i think it will be one of those that suddenly all comes together

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:58 pm

got most of the reactive armour added today

the kit came with two figures but one is complete rubbish and has been binned......which just leaves Moshe the legless tank commander lol

looking forward to laying down some paint in a few days

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:50 am

Now it's after coming together! Looking good Paul and it's going to look even better with a lick of paint :D

I like all the detail around the turret.

Looking forward to seeing the next stage!
Vinny [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:55 pm

its basically together, all the greeblies are attached, the bustle was an absolute pain!not as neat as i would have liked but its the best its going to be. it will get filled with cans and boxes and stuff anyway

next will be some paint, and im not sure what im going to do, need to go and do some more research....................or looking at pics of tanks on the net as swmbo calls it lol

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:16 pm

at this point...............paint is on, its a bit light cos it was all i had thats vaguely close and i hope once i get a brownish wash on it will look better...had a go at this preshading malarky, never got on with it in the past but since this is a light colour over all i thought id have another crack at it...its had a good coat of Kleer ready for the wash and the decals applied

currently doing the boring job of doing the road wheels

jaydee

Postby jaydee » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:20 pm

Looking real good. I like the use of the nuts,great idea. :o)b

martay

Postby martay » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:51 pm

Very nice, that pre shade has made a very noticeable addition to the overall look of her, very nice work on the hull and all the small parts, looking good so far :DX
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:43 pm

so me and swmbo have had a few days away which has given the oil wash a chance to dry off although it dosnt seem that noticable in the pics, given it a coat of matt varnish to dull it all down too

planning on a pigment wash to mucky up the road wheels a bit

tracks next, which aint my favorite thing

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:10 pm

That's some fine work Paul. The preshading you added definitely made a big difference 8-)

Nearly there! Keep it up!
Vinny [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]

Return to “Work In Progress”