Desperate Defence:Pantherturm Berlin 1945

Post your model build topics here.
BrIAN332

Re: Desperate Defence:Pantherturm Berlin 1945

Postby BrIAN332 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:20 pm

Small update on this one but an update nonetheless, resin figure assembled and his location amongst the ruins more or less decided upon. The crate that came with the other figure was used on top of the panther shell crate.

His pose is more or less what im after and when he is painted up and his uniform suitably dusted should be spot on for the depiction of a dejected German soldier in the ruins of Berlin.

Also more work on the internal destruction of the ruined house in the form of more balsa wood as rafters floorboards etc and also the damaged paintwork on the walls

When i get the Miniart furniture set this weekend , some parts from that set will also be added for extra detailing to the ruins of the building.

Hopfully now some real quality time working on this one over the weekend [smilie=pray.gif]

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:22 am

Even more details added! This is superb work Brian. A treat to watch. :o)b

Vinny [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]

michael

Postby michael » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:06 am

Thats looking brilliant Brian.... :DX

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:57 pm

Thanks lads, some more progress on this one as well over the last while, added in some furniture from the Miniart furniture set, a damaged chest of drawers and a couple of chairs just to add some extra interest and some more detail on the internal side of the diorama

Empty shell casings have now also been added, 22 in all from Tamiya and RB Models,all popped out of a pack and all scattered and fixed in place at random, im thinking there is enough, but i will possibly add in a few more before im finished

I also added in a Tamiya few jerry cans, an abandoned bucket and also fixed a damaged lampost from Miniart in place at the corner of the street

Cheers, Brian :o)b

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:22 am

Now that is looking Class, 1st time I have seen this modeled, Are you gonna blacken the wood with a bit of burning, that would set it off!!
Cheers

George

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:28 am

Georgeconna wrote:Now that is looking Class, 1st time I have seen this modeled, Are you gonna blacken the wood with a bit of burning, that would set it off!!

Cheers George, thats where the majority (all) of the balsa wood now that i got from ya in the shop has ended up :D , will def be adding some fire/smoke damage to the wood before this is all complete,ive a few more ideas for this one before it will be finished in terms of torn and damaged posters on the wall, white surrender flag hanging from the window of the house and possibly some graffitti on the walls :idea: , more weathering and pigment work now is what i have planed next for a more overall dusty appearance of the street scene to make it as realistic and convincing as possible which is my main aim......more, soon.......

Brian :o)b

martay

Postby martay » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:00 am

mental work Brian, this just gets better and better, seriously massive amount of work being put into this and its really showing man, cant wait to see it after the weekend mate, great stuff :o)b
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:50 pm

Cheers Marty, really enjoying working on this one and really pleased with how it is shaping up , slow patient work but hopfully it will be all worth it when finished and ready for display ;)

d_anonymous_modeller

Postby d_anonymous_modeller » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:59 pm

Geez this is an epic build Brian & it looks fab.
Anon...

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:02 am

Outstanding Brian! You're surpassing yourself on this one :DX And I love how you've included a bucket too... no war diorama is complete without one! :D

Fantastic to watch this masterpiece come together.

Vinny [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]

Return to “Work In Progress”