More New 1/72 Kits.

"Target" Talk.
jaydee

More New 1/72 Kits.

Postby jaydee » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:26 pm

I will do the simplest kit first, but that's not a criticism. It's from Hobby Boss, the U.S. M4 High Speed Tractor, a subject rarely covered. In service from 1943 to 1960, with over 5,500 produced, used to tow heavy artillery.

An easy, quick build kit. A high standard moulding, very crisp detail, only 28 parts, the tracks and running gear in one piece. The nicest .50 cal. HMG I've seen in this scale for a while.

The second kit is from Revell a T55 A/AM, looks the part, usual high standard. Revell have added colour to their instructions and it certainly works for me, definitely an improvement.

The best is last, also the most complex and difficult. From Modelcollect the BMP3 IFV with cage armour. Top class all round and without doubt with the most etch ever produced for an armour kit in this scale.

It will be a major pain to assemble though, all the cage is etch and I never imagined that would be the case. I think it could have been moulded in plastic but maybe Modelcollect are trying too hard to impress. Either way it will be a nightmare to assemble. I may skip the cage bit, my eyesight and sanity mightn't survive the process I think.

JayCub

Re: More New 1/72 Kits.

Postby JayCub » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:38 am

im looking forward to your builds, that tractor looks very interesting, im in awe of you working in this scale

Tom

jaydee

Postby jaydee » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:47 pm

Tom I'll probably do the tractor next, straightforward build and I like the vehicle.

However the etch on the BMP is scary so I might put it off for a while. [smilie=pdt_str.gif]

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:09 am

jaydee wrote:Tom I'll probably do the tractor next, straightforward build and I like the vehicle.

However the etch on the BMP is scary so I might put it off for a while. [smilie=pdt_str.gif]

i find 1/35 scale pe frustrating to be honest, the only advice i could offer is decent tweezers, i really like the idea of photo etch and the doobie was a good excuse to give it a go and it has taught me quite a bit, i think you will like it as its a challenge, i was putting little bits of blue tack on a toothpick which works fine unless like me you get glue on the blue tack and that can be messy, i have seen the ultimate placer and if i remember its wax which would be better than blue tack, im sure you will pull it off

Tom

Return to “AFV Modelling Chat”