Replacement Tamiya Sprues

"Target" Talk.
Don Foley

Replacement Tamiya Sprues

Postby Don Foley » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:46 am

Hi All,
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get spare/replacement sprues from Tamiya.
I have had a sprue completely chewed up by our Cat. I could perhaps scratch build one or two of the damaged parts but there are so many damaged the kit cant be finished, except perhaps as a wreck or range target!!
The Kit is the Matilda III/IV.

Don.

Spud

Re: Replacement Tamiya Sprues

Postby Spud » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:44 pm

yep you can. contact http://www.hobbyco.net they are the importers for Tamiya and will be able to help you

vw8243

Postby vw8243 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:08 am

Funny this but seen a few posts on a few forums about pets eating bits- parts recently , i dont have any domesticated pets my self , but am blessed with ponies foxes pheasant and the like coming in to the garden ,
And recently i had visit from a mouse type critter who has since been disposed of , who i was telling Spud about on the way to telford :o0 .
yes this git managed to get into the attic . thankfully there are none in the downstairs part of the house ?. :oj anyway this is what he had a go at , now i cant complain as this looks like very convincing natural damage :?: Image,Image
Image Image

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi Don, Tamiya sprues are available direct from Tamiya using their website or another crowd are http://www.goldstarstockists.net/live/catalog/unlisted.php. You'll need the kit reference and sprue letter. Note that they will cost you either way.

I've had many cats over the years and never had one chew on a plastic sprue before… maybe you should just give them more cat food! :lol: I've used a dog excuse for Revell before even though I don't have one. I think a dog chewing a sprue is just more plausible. :)

@Leo: What exactly was that made out of to say the mouse found it very appetizing? I could understand if you had made a Rodders type diorama using his apple crumble technique. ;)

Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

vw8243

Postby vw8243 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:34 pm

:lol: :lol: Hey Vinny no rodders technique s used just some balsa wood and humbrol filler :?:
Image Image

Don Foley

Postby Don Foley » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi Guys,

Got positive replies from the Importer and Time Tunnel Models so I'm now sorted on this one.
Thank you all for the info.

Don.

Spud

Postby Spud » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:41 pm

no worrys Don

Return to “AFV Modelling Chat”