Relics of WW2

"Target" Talk.
vw8243

Re: Relics of WW2

Postby vw8243 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:17 am

ooooooo Peter
i can feel a late war dunkelgelb stug coming on ,maybe dug in in berlin or reversing outa poland :?: 'o|
Image Image

vw8243

Postby vw8243 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:40 am

Brian they have the banner of all banners the Leibstandarte ss A.H prob the second flag to the ,Blutfahne,

spoke to a few people that have been there , said it was a strange experience but is wat it is .
Image Image

Spud

Postby Spud » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:53 am

oh don't start....... i need to finish the T-62 next and i need to get that done asap as the Scalemodeladdict competition begins on the 1st or march,

Class haul of stuff there leo

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:12 am

Very interesting Leo,it will prob never come out the truth about what happened to the 'blood flag',that be some banner to see at that museum,i think they had to change the name in the post communist Russia to the central museum of the armed forces or something,but the red army museum sounds much better :)

I have a brill osprey book 'flags of the third reich',some info in it and pics/plates of near every standard/banner in it,ill bring it along to the meeting at end of month and you can have a loan of it if you want,thats my other main interest,flags and esp ones from the american civil war.

Flags like this one be very interesting to see at that museum,just the history attached to it is amazing to just even think about

vw8243

Postby vw8243 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:42 am

read somewhere that the guy that used to carry the blutfahne Jakob Grimminger was interagated by the russians and was proven that the blut flag was distroyed in an allied air raid in 43/44 , I still look out for it today at shows and fairs. :|
Image Image

martay

Postby martay » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:05 am

Wow i went down the side of Mt Brandon on a D/hill mtb and never knew that was up there, did see the engine in cloghane but thought it was off an old radial biplane, i spend 10 years surfing waves in CastleGreg all the way round the head to inch and Dingle, mad place not surprised there is more to it than i realized. That is some beautiful collection of relics Leo, you should keep them safe the helmet is mental and the casings are really cool. I rem being up round the palace in Budapest and there are hundreds of different sized shell holes still in the walls there and i visited the museum and saw the history of the invasion etc in b/w photos, but the shell holes speak so loudly, you can nearly hear the echo of the guns, chilling. Those russian monuments are deadly too, love the style and that poor fkr beside his tank, they must have gone through hell in those flat out drives into Germany, no food or supplies, savage men in a savage time.
I saw the mention of Osprey books there earlier and remembered that id picked this up to do a spittie for the g-friends dad who is Maltese
Great book with a center section full of full color pics of the aircraft from the conflict, the planes used many of which were brought over from africa had a hastily applied coat of differing shades of blue which quickly weathered in the Maltese sunshine and are a weatherers dream to model. if anyone ever has any interest in it just ask :o)b
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:07 am

vw8243 wrote:read somewhere that the guy that used to carry the blutfahne Jakob Grimminger was interagated by the russians and was proven that the blut flag was distroyed in an allied air raid in 43/44 , I still look out for it today at shows and fairs. :|

Imagine if it did turn up,heard also that some american GI found burnt/damaged parts of it after those bombing raids,another rumour was that it was smugled to south america after the war and its still in Argentina or maybe its buried down in Otto Skorzenys old farm in Kildare :X .....i found that one of the most fascinating stories that he lived here in Ireland after the war,,i think dragon did a 1/16 figure of him and def have a 1/35 set the gran sasso raid :oj

vw8243

Postby vw8243 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:51 pm

A few more of my relic bits.

German teller mine 42 ,

Nice panzerfaust tube complete with triggers , must get war head for it,Image

One for rodders , rear notek lens from stalingrad. Image

Two more in the back is AA mount for mg 34/42,
In front is a yoke that goes on top of a pole to lift telephone wires up on trees or telegraph poles

Image Image

Spud

Postby Spud » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:56 pm

that mine is an AT mine is it? look bloody huge

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:54 am

Awesome stuff there Leo,just love that panzerfuast,any history behind it?images of a hitlerjugand or a volkstrum in the final days of Berlin come to mind aiming at a T34,that is some supercool pieces of history right there :o)b

Return to “AFV Modelling Chat”