'At Last' A Reasonably Priced Irish Airbrush Compressor

Spot a bargain in a shop or online? Post it here. NO personal eBay listings please.
fs2005

'At Last' A Reasonably Priced Irish Airbrush Compressor

Postby fs2005 » Thu May 24, 2012 8:36 pm

I see the last time I was in Marks Models in Newcastle , Co. Dublin (get directions ,its in an industrial estate!) theyre doing airbrush compressors at 109 euro .Any of these up to now in irish 'bricks n mortar' model shops have been rubbish or vastly overpriced or both .The one theyre doing is like the AS18 here

http://www.everythingairbrush.com/acata ... eries.html

a single cylinder one without tank.
Up to now the irish buyer has had to stump up for massive postage(30-70 euro!) from UK/Euro suppliers .The same shop seems to be getting in the very latest Airfix and Revell kits as fast as the factory can knock 'em out !If you got this compressor in Marks and a medium quality airbrush (Premi Air G35 is often recommended)online youd probably have change from 160/170 euro .
I think I spent about 125/135 euro about a year ago for an AS186 compressor paired with a cheap (and not TOO nasty!)airbrush .Anyway worth a look if youre in the market .There are always thread from people looking for irish airbrush/compressors suppliers .And with sterling so strong at moment (79p !!!) UK is less of an option than before .
Im an airbrushing beginner myself but find the easily available Revell AquaColor brilliant for airbrushing thinned with 30-60(?)% water

Georgeconna

Re: 'At Last' A Reasonably Priced Irish Airbrush Compressor

Postby Georgeconna » Thu May 24, 2012 9:36 pm

Yeah, Got one for me Dad and there pretty good value, Marty got one but it let him down last week which was dissapointing.

There in stock in Cork and Dublin City Centre.

G
Cheers

George

Spud

Postby Spud » Thu May 24, 2012 9:45 pm

you get news on my one yet???

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Thu May 24, 2012 9:51 pm

Its under inspection with our team of compressor Technicans. We treat all problems with the utmost urgency to deliver them back to the customer with a happy warm fuzzy feeling.

In other words I dont know. The guy that ooks after the stuff was out for the past two days, I'll talk to him again tomorrow,

G
Cheers

George

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Thu May 24, 2012 10:43 pm

I know buying anything with a wire or a lens from Lidl is hit and miss but I wonder would this one work. It does say "compressed air paint", "Oil-lubricated" and "Reduced vibration and noise".

Spud

Postby Spud » Thu May 24, 2012 11:58 pm

saw that today vinny but if mine id to be replaced then Marks will be replacing it one way or an other :oX

ill buzz ya tomorrow to remind ya george ;D

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Fri May 25, 2012 12:51 am

MMMmm Theres an idea, We can replace it with that one!!!

Seriously though I'll ask graham bout it 1st thing after my cup of tea.

G
Cheers

George

Chris S

Postby Chris S » Fri May 25, 2012 12:52 am

The Premi-air G35 you mentioned , it is cheap ,but far from nasty .I can personally recommend that little AB , All my builds over the past couple of years have been painted with one of those :) ...I do have four other much more expensive AB's in my workshop ,but I keep coming back to the G35 ,easy to use & clean and a full parts back up ....which I havent needed :) They come from http://www.airbrushes.com They lay paint down beautifully ,I have even freehanded a tri tone camo on a 1/72nd Tiger 1 with it ,check the paint on any of my builds ;)
Just saying ,its a little AB ,which is well worth the very cheap price tag .

Chris.

Return to “Bargains”