Hannants - Hasegawa Specials ! 03/03/2013

Spot a bargain in a shop or online? Post it here. NO personal eBay listings please.
Wayne E

Hannants - Hasegawa Specials ! 03/03/2013

Postby Wayne E » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:12 pm

Hannants have a load of hasegawa kits on special now check them out !

http://www.hannants.co.uk/specials/

Wayne E

Re: Hannants - Hasegawa Specials ! 03/03/2013

Postby Wayne E » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:46 pm

.....and now hobby link japan are doing it www.hlj.com

modeller

Postby modeller » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:10 pm

Hasegawa HA09899: 1/48 Junkers Ju 87C 'Stuka' 'Graf Zeppelin'. £26.66

Hasegawa HA24121: 1/24 BMW Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4. £27.99

Total Goods £54.65 Less Discount £5.46 (10%) P&P = Free (Collect From Show)

Total £49.19

Not at all bad...
Veni, Vidi, Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:58 pm

Nice one for the heads-up Wayne. The stuff is flying out the door! I was contemplating getting a a 1:48 F-16E for £16.99 from Hannants but in the time I was pondering they sold out [smilie=wall.gif] You snooze you loose when it comes to great bargains like that. :cry:

modeller wrote:Total Goods £54.65 Less Discount £5.46 (10%) P&P = Free (Collect From Show)

Total £49.19

Not at all bad...

Sounds like a great deal for you John! The joys of living in the UK :o)b I take it you're going to Southern Expo then?? Lucky you!! I'd love to see some photos and hear about the show (and what bargains you got) if you fancy giving a report when you get back from it. I've always considered going there as it sounds great.

Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

modeller

Postby modeller » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:14 pm

Vinny wrote:I take it you're going to Southern Expo then?? Lucky you!! I'd love to see some photos and hear about the show (and what bargains you got) if you fancy giving a report when you get back from it. I've always considered going there as it sounds great... .

Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

I kinda have to go... it's our show (IPMS Hornchurch) and I am the club stand organiser... [smilie=rofl.gif]

As host club we are privillaged to have 6 tables but a few years back the club was not filling the tables so we were told to improve or loose 2 tables so last year I took over the role... and it so happens that we did such a good job that we won Best ClubSIG Display for the show... something we had never done in all the years of hosting at Expo. We use two tables as a 'theme' build and the other 4 as general club display... last year our theme was "War in the Pacific"... I built a captured Hurricane and a Dutch Buffalo

Here is the general club display (4 tables) with some of the guys...

Here is the Themed display (2 tables)...

This is ME recieving the award on behalf of the club... :oops:

These two models are my daughters... the yellow Mini was from 2011... her Beetle was last years.
She won her class and won Best in Show Junior BOTH years... [smilie=first.gif] [smilie=first.gif]

(and before you ask the judging is by external judges... [smilie=pdt_nunu.gif]

This years show is over Paddy's weekend... and it's the first F1 race of the season [smilie=banghead.gif] but I will gladly take some photos and post a report.

[smilie=thumb.gif]
Last edited by modeller on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

modeller

Postby modeller » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:43 pm

I also had models on the adjacent tables (IPMS Locate and Cement)... the 1/12th Ferrari F40 you can see is mine... :o)b

vw8243

Postby vw8243 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:04 pm

hi modeller
used to travel out to that show years ago ;from plaistow; so our paths may have crossed, always loved it great bargains to be had there,that time a nice tidy show .
well done, might get there again :?:
Image Image

modeller

Postby modeller » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:35 pm

Hee hee, I'm further up the district line (Becontree)... the best part of attending shows is the few hours wandering before the doors open to the public... also Expo has a good reputation for clubs selling their excess stash 'under the table'.

I spend more money in the first 90 mins than I do for the next 7 hours... also because we set up and strike the show any kits I've had an eye on that have not sold after the show closes on Sunday can usually be had if an offer is made... saves the guy packing it and carring in home. [smilie=banana.gif]

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:32 pm

Well done John! Great work on the display... lots of variety and a good number too to keep the interest alive. The prize was deserved! [smilie=first.gif]
I'd like to get a closer look at the KLM 747 in the background. Your F40 looks the dogs too :DX Congrats to your daughter... she's clearly talented when it comes to making models. The Beetle is very colourful and nicely done... and the mini is very sweet! Great finishes on both.

I've heard great things about this show so hope to hit there some time. In particular I've heard that guys have picked up some fantastic bargains and now I understand why. Unlike Telford there are more private stash sales which cuts out any middle man and hence better bargains (just like the Cork Model Fair). The private sales seem to go under the table at Telford so they're difficult to spot.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on at the show.

Cheers!
Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

modeller

Postby modeller » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:14 pm

Cheers Vinny,

Rebecca does like her modelling and is currently half way through a 1/35 Challanger II, but as she is almost 13 now she is begining to find time for building harder... she has even managed to build up a tiny 'stash' of kits

As for bargins at Expo... I often see traders doing the rounds before the show opens looking under the tables as well and seen kits bought and then appear on the trade stand with a suitable mark up...

Hannants always give a 10% discount for pick up at shows and saving the P&P helps... last year I bought the Revell Routmaster from the show for £28... modelzone still sells them at £39.99.

One of our club members works in Hannants (Hendon) so I can also get paints'n'stuff delivered to me free if I collect on club night. [smilie=banana.gif]

Return to “Bargains”