1/72 motors

Here's a good place to share websites, books, apps and so on, that provide useful information for modellers.
martay

1/72 motors

Postby martay » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:07 pm

Hi lads just wondering has anyone tried to motorise a 1/72 ive managed to strip a few old 2 channel indoor foam rc choppers, the small ones like from aldi, ive taken 4 or 5 of these various small motors some very small perfect i think to make a static display have a moving prop and would be cool. If anyone has any info id be thankfull.

here is one of the motors

there is 4 of them and a smaller one, lookin for more had several of those little choppers.
Cheers
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

Vinny

Re: 1/72 motors

Postby Vinny » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:52 pm

Hey Martay!

Those tiny motors look ideal to start some experiments with. You got me thinking last night after our chat. I went off to find a 144 scale dio that I had seen at Telford a few years back. I couldn't find it but I did find this 1:48 Italeri Herc. Not the scale you're asking about (as it'll have a lot more space inside the engines for larger motors) but it has interior lighting in the cockpit and cargo bay as well as exterior lights. But check out how those engines start up 8-)

Enjoy!
Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

martay

Re: 1/72 motors

Postby martay » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:47 pm

now thats what im on about, id say a pot to adjust motor speed, thats easy and a few lights, cant be that hard, i found another of those cheapie choppers and ill put up pics when i take it apart and of some of the fiberoptic i scavenged def gonna try it with a build soon, something small first, might do it to my first alclad kit to distract from my dodgy paintwork lol :D
Nice one for the inspiration Vinny cheers bro [smilie=thumb.gif]
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

Return to “Resources”