Airbrushing Essentials

Find a handy tool to make modelling life easier? Got a trick up your sleeve? Sharing is caring!
martay

Re: Airbrushing Essentials

Postby martay » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:44 am

Aw lads i just fell prey to that very disaster this eve, picked up my dual action to find that id left it, not full, but it had the remainder of last WEEKS !!!!! priming coat for the tempest still in it, this kind of primordial ooze of a grey and gloopy consistency was concreted into the workings, its now in a bath of thinner awaiting further cleaning, all seems to be fine but it took a good chunk out of my allotted time, hence im still up here now at 1.42 am, yes a cautionary tale, make sure you are free to work and always do your check list when departing, ill not do that again i can tell ya, bad martin.... slap !!! [smilie=wall.gif] :cry: 8oS
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:55 am

Oh no! [smilie=wall.gif] Not to worry though, a night in some cellulose thinners will sort it out. We've all done it. We live and learn. :D

martay

Postby martay » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:59 am

ya she is there as i type, ill rinse n repeat tomorrow, all will be fine, what a doufus tho i all fairness, it cant happen with the single as its a bottom feed, the dual is gravity feed and i just put her down and forgot, lesson learned but thankfully no harm done

Spud

Postby Spud » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:12 pm

lol yep ive done it ive even seen it a day later and said ill do it later and that could be a week later ;D

martay

Postby martay » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:28 pm

To my own everlasting shame i have to admit it kinda occurred to me in passing bout it, but i didnt act n continued to do nothing until last night, for shame for shame [smilie=pray.gif] :lol: some body should have warned me im only a newbie :D i wonder how many others are hiding the gun of gloop shame ????? Any way the gun is grand blew most of the gunk out earlier, back in the was in parts again to be sure, might try lube when i rebuild to see if it has an effect. Well lesson learned for deffo there men !!!

Lego

Postby Lego » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:00 pm

Just curious as to what size nozzle most of you use?

Having never used an airbrush before I bought the Iwata revolution CR last year which has a .5mm nozzle. Basically it was described as more noob friendly because its bigger. However it has its limitations when doing fine lines having to go so close to the model it gets awkward imo. So ye modelling gods is .3mm really all that fine or should I get .2mm nozzle? Or should I not do either because its a pita to use these sizes?

Any of your experiences and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Prenton

Postby Prenton » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:10 pm

Hi there

I use a .3mm and it does me fine. But then I haven't yet tried to do Luftwaffe mottling in 1/72nd scale....Kinda depends on what you need it for, and what your modelling interests are.

Philip

Spud

Postby Spud » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:21 pm

Get yer self a decent ab, that one will only be good for primers and clear coats with a .5. My Krome as .3 and .5 i never use the .5 but its handy back up.

martay

Postby martay » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:30 pm

iva single action which has a .5, i use t for primer and large area covering, and a dual with a .3 which i use for finer bits, that is all i need any way

Lego

Postby Lego » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:06 pm

Thanks for the replies.

Probably keep an eye out for a deal and see what I can get. The Iwata hp-c looks nice with .3mm nozzle.

Return to “Tips & Tools”