Airbrushing Essentials

Find a handy tool to make modelling life easier? Got a trick up your sleeve? Sharing is caring!
hovek88

Re: Airbrushing Essentials

Postby hovek88 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:27 am

I'll just throw one more awesome shop to look for airbrush and airbrush related, just in case someone wants to get Harder&Steenbeck which are awesome and i can recommend them to everyone :)
http://www.everythingairbrush.com/ - awesome service, usually i order stuff at night and it's dispatched about 6 in the morning ;)
And Yes... always be careful with your airbrush... have space ready to put your ab down once you're not using it even for a while. I learned this hard way :/ and bent the needle and the nozzle in my H&B Evolution CR after 4 days :D yeah me....

Spud

Postby Spud » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:20 pm

Yes they ate really good they have a page on eBay also

martay

Postby martay » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:10 pm

great stuff on those sites lads thanks for the info on what to ( and not to, opps hovek ) do with your brush, im glad i didnt pick it up yrs ago i can only imagine the amount of repairs i would have needed [smilie=rofl.gif] [smilie=rofl.gif]
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

stevie

Postby stevie » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:42 am

So would i need buy lube for ab, if so is the lube you photoed Spud recommended :)

Spud

Postby Spud » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:48 pm

It keeps the ab running smooth so I would say yes,

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:48 pm

I've never used lube on my airbrush and it's still working away perfectly after six years... maybe I should though and see how it feels after it. I would have thought it would disappear after cleaning it with cellulose and what not. I'd say it's a must for double action airbrushes but I normally only use my trusty single action Badger.

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:39 pm

use lube for a few other things ;), but never needed it for an airbrush!! maybe a bit of light machine oil will do.

G
Cheers

George

Spud

Postby Spud » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:48 pm

LOL, after each clean the needle gets a drop. as i have the needle out anyhow it only takes a second.

vw8243

Postby vw8243 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi lads
Pitty all this info and help wasnt around when i started with my air brush, 'o| The only bit of advice i can give to anyone is , if you are planning to paint your built model MAKE SURE your time is yours that you are not going to be called to go pick up little billy from football or go to the shop for milk as you know its not going to be the two minute journey it should be :o(p . That paint you always said dried tacky well not now! now its in your air brush its solid :twisted: .So the motto is finish what you started.
Image Image

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:47 pm

Hahah! Very true Leo. Simple but very important advice that people overlook. I guess it all comes with the planning and preparation of an airbrushing session.

Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

Return to “Tips & Tools”