How to polish

Find a handy tool to make modelling life easier? Got a trick up your sleeve? Sharing is caring!
Bl1tz

How to polish

Postby Bl1tz » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:52 pm

Hey lads

Been a while I'm not very active over here, Facebook it's away more easier to share photos of the WIP.
I'll bring this diy how to polish to a perfect shine.

For start I'm using 2k clear but this might be not ideal for acrylics clears due been very fragile for sanding .

Hope it helps some of yourselves, any question feel free to ask ;)
Ps: feel free to drop a like on my Facebook page where I share my WIP and time to time share my DIY

Spud

Re: How to polish

Postby Spud » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:08 pm

stickied this as it is very handy to know and its something i will need to learn :)

Thanks for Sharing

Bl1tz

Postby Bl1tz » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:04 pm

Spud wrote:stickied this as it is very handy to know and its something i will need to learn :)

Thanks for Sharing

No problem spud ;)
Thought was good to share as Tamiya compound for me are rubish they leave the surface with scratches ;)

BKirwan

Postby BKirwan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:48 pm

Thanks
I actually bought the Tamiya compound as I reckon this is one of the weakness of my finishes. So now I will have to chuck that out and follow this instead.

Thanks,the results speak for themselves.

Bl1tz

Postby Bl1tz » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:06 pm

BKirwan wrote:Thanks
I actually bought the Tamiya compound as I reckon this is one of the weakness of my finishes. So now I will have to chuck that out and follow this instead.

Thanks,the results speak for themselves.

Tamiya compound are expensive and not great ..
If you do the way I explained you will get that result .

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:17 pm

Absolutely brilliant Ricardo. Thanks for sharing this tip. The finish is awesome. It looks like the 2K Clear is the key ingredient though as you really need a clear that will withstand all that rubbing.

Cheers
Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

Bl1tz

Postby Bl1tz » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:32 am

Vinny wrote:Absolutely brilliant Ricardo. Thanks for sharing this tip. The finish is awesome. It looks like the 2K Clear is the key ingredient though as you really need a clear that will withstand all that rubbing.

Cheers
Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

Hey vinny,

Actually it will work with 1k clear but acrylic clears might be not ideal for this kind of polish . I have to get some 1k clear and I can bring to the next meeting 2 spoons with both clears and using the same polishing method just to be easier to see what kind of finish you might get with both ;)

Return to “Tips & Tools”