DIY Static Grass Applicator

Find a handy tool to make modelling life easier? Got a trick up your sleeve? Sharing is caring!
fajkus

DIY Static Grass Applicator

Postby fajkus » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:29 pm

I look after this stuff, but i think 40$ + postage its a bit expensive so i decide i gonna build my own :) i find a bunch of video on youtube, and its very easy to build from scratch.

So what you need for this is some electric cable, some duct tape, a small metal sieve (i bought 3 for 3 euro) and the most important electric fly zapper:
I didn't find any in Dublin, so i have to order from UK i find on eBay it was 3 euro or something like that..

After when you open your zapper you have to remove the red parts:

There is to small piece of cable what you need later come out from a little black box:

You have to connect one of the cable with the sieve, i use a lots of tape there just in case :)

After this you still have one cable, you have to make a bit longer:
I add a alligator clip to the end of the cable, its gonna by useful.

All the job done, just put the parts together, and your grass aplicator is ready to use [smilie=banana.gif]

Connect the clip to the area where you want the sexy grass, put the grass mixture in the sieve and turn on:

Looks very messy in first time, but i remove the extra grass and i there is a finished product

Next time i try a different grass this one is very soft and thin, but i think looks good enough for a first try [smilie=thumb.gif]

martay

Re: DIY Static Grass Applicator

Postby martay » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:48 pm

Thats feckin cool, great idea and handy to do, must give it a try at some stage when i get into making better dios, im sure others here will find this interesting too, thanks :DX
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

fajkus

Postby fajkus » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:12 pm

I am happy if it useful for somebody :) Little more experience with that and u can save some money and y can make some great stuff for the diorama's.

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:27 pm

Now that is clever! :o)b

fajkus

Postby fajkus » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:23 am

I always prefer the DIY stuff :) you have that felling you use you're own stuff :)

Return to “Tips & Tools”